Last night, at the MTV VMA’s Lady Gaga made history by taking home four awards, the most of any artist of the night, and performing a nine-minute medley of hits from her latest album Chromatica.
Gaga wowed viewers with eight outfit changes. Complementing her statement looks were wavy, waist-length strands tinted with grey, and blue. Using products from haircare and color brand Joico, Gaga’s longtime stylist Frederic Aspiras created the singer’s dreamy, mermaid-like locks.
View this post on Instagram
@ladygaga arrived from Chromatica at the @mtv @vmas #redcarpet 🦾 “Love is the inspiration . Bringing all the elements of earth, wind and fire. Lady Gaga’s journey thru the years have inspired me to create hairstyles and color combinations that encapsulates this journey. She is tough, brave, a musical genius, a visionary and overall kind human being that believes in love and kindness in the world.” . Hair by @fredericaspiras using @joico and @ghd_northamerica #ladygaga #fredericaspirashair #vmas2020 #mtv #vmas #hairjoi #joicocolorintensity #ghdhair #goodhairday
Recreate both the hue and style of Lady Gaga’s futuristic VMAs locks by following Aspiras’ instructions below.
- Start off by shampooing blonde hair with Joico Blonde Life Brightening Shampoo
- Next, use Joico Blonde Life Brightening Masque to remove any build-up and detoxify any off-blonde tones
- Follow with Joico Blonde Life Brightening Conditioner
- Rinse and towel dry
- Spray Joico Blonde Life Brightening Veil evenly throughout the hair and comb through
- Dry hair thoroughly
- Section hair in four quadrants. Start from the bottom working your way to the top. Slice out large pieces of hair. Alternate Formula 1 then Formula 2. Continue and complete full head
- Spray K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Multi-Perfector Daily Shine & Protect Spray throughout hair. Then apply 2-3 pumps of Joico Dream Blowout Thermal Protection throughout the hair. Using a detangling comb to comb through hair and remove tangles. Be sure to always start combing from the end working your way up. Section hair for blow-drying
- Dry the hair with three sizes of ceramic vented brushes
- Run a hot brush through the hair to create a satin-soft finish to the hair surface. This brings out the shine in the color
- Create a soft water ripple-like effect to hair by using a professional flat iron to bend 1-inch sections of hair
- Start this pattern from the back at the nape of hair. When you approach the top, stop bending hair about two inches from the scalp. The hair should have no volume on top
- Apply 3-4 pumps of Joico KPAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Glossing Oil all through hair. Use a boar bristle brush to brush out wave pattern and create the soft water-like ripple pattern
- Spray Joico Flip Turn for hold and shine
View this post on Instagram
When you have the blues from all the news in the world today but you make it work like you always do…. @ladygaga #bts @fredericaspiras using @joico and @ghd_northamerica @theonly.agency #ladygaga #fredericaspirashair #hairjoi ##ghdhair #goodhairday #joicocolorintensity GET THE LOOK: Joico Color Intensity Formula: Inspiration: “The sky in the earliest morning before the sun comes out” Coloring How-To: Mixture 1: 1 oz True blue + 3 oz Clear = Baby blue Mixture 2: 2 oz Silver Ice +2 oz Violet Pearl = Chrome effect ) Mix thoroughly. You want to start with a Level 10 clean bright blonde hair when using blue tones. • Start off by Joico Shampooing blonde hair with Joico Blonde Life Shampoo • Next use Joico Blonde Life Brightening Mask remove any build up or off-blonde tones. • Follow with Joico Blonde Life Conditioner • Rinse and towel dry • Spray Joico Blonde Life Brightening Veil evenly throughout hair and comb thru • Dry hair thoroughly • Section hair in four quadrants. Start from bottom working your way to the top. Slice out large pieces of hair. Alternate mixture 1 then mixture 2. Continue and complete full head. Styling How-To: • Spray K-PAk Color Therapy Luster Lock Multi Perfector Daily Shine & Protect Spray throughout hair. Then apply 2-3 pumps of Joico Dream Blowout Thermal Protection throughout hair. Use GHD Detangling Comb to comb thru hair and remove tangles. Be sure to always start combing from the end working your way up. Section hair for blow drying. • Use GHD Professional Hairdryer and GHD Size 3 Ceramic Vented Brush to dry hair. • Run the GHD Glide Hot Brush threw hair to create a satin soft finish to hair surface. This brings out super shine to the color. • Creating a soft water ripple-like effect to hair by using GHD Platinum Plus to bend 1 inch sections of hair. Start this pattern from the back at nape of hair. When you approach the top stop bending hair about two inches from scalp. The hair should have no volume on top. • Apply 3-4 pumps of Joico KPAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Glossing Oil all thru hair. Use GHD Oval Dressing brush to brush out wave patten and create the soft water like ripple pattern. • Spray Joico K-PAK Protective Hairspray